VESDA: Very Early Fire Detection System
Very Early Warning Aspirating Smoke Detection solutions with continuous air sampling provide the earliest possible warning of an impending fire hazard. VESDA ASDs buy the critical time needed to investigate an alarm and initiate an appropriate response to prevent injury, property damage or business disruption.
VESDA detectors have multi-level warnings and a wide range of sensitivity that does not degrade or change over time, so even minute levels of smoke can be detected before a fire has time to escalate. In addition, VESDA systems are manufactured using targeted Six Sigma techniques and ISO 9000 standards and have been certified by regulatory bodies worldwide.
Time to Respond Because of Early Warning
- Active air-sampling means earlier detection of smoke and gas through the use of the VESDA distributed sampling pipe network.
- Early detection provides time to prevent a disaster or to react to emergencies while maintaining air quality for the public and personnel.
- The delivery of an air/gas sample is guaranteed because each sampling pipe is individually monitored for air-flow fault through the VESDA smoke and VESDA ECO gas detectors.
- Absolute smoke measurement is provided with the industry’s only optical clean-air bleed to ensure detector performance and longevity.
- VESDA ECO is built on the world’s No. 1 ASD system, which is backed by decades of successful operation in numerous applications and environments.
Flexible System Integration
- Real-time smoke and gas data is provided for an appropriate and staged response, including local alarm annunciation, alarm notification to a control room, and DCV for energy cost savings.
- Smoke and gas data can be gathered at a number of various control points through the use of a wide range of high- and low-level interfaces, including FACP, BMS, PLCs and HVAC systems or simple audio/visual notification applicances.
- Full compatibility with Xtralis VSC and VSM4 software provides greater value because end users do not have to learn to operate additional software packages.
- Full line of toxic, flammable and oxygen detectors are available for other gas detection requirements.
Industry’s Lowest Cost of Ownership
- A VESDA ECO detector can be added easily to an existing VESDA pipe network without complex system redesign or rewiring.
- A VESDA ECO detector can house up to two gas sensors, and more detectors can be added if the detection of additional gases is required.
- VESDA detectors do not require regular calibration, and VESDA ECO detectors are easily calibrated via the integral test gas port and user friendly VSC configuration software — either manually or automatically